Appointments: 778 995 7246
Visit our clinic for effectual spinal adjustments!
Dr. Reza’s Certifications:
* Certified Cox Technic practitioner. The most advanced and comprehensive method for treating disc herniations and sciatica (pain down the leg due to disc injury) without surgery. Cox® Technic drops intradiscal pressures to -192 mmHg and increases the foraminal area by 28%. Cox® Technic stops pain, realigns the spine and restores ranges of motion inherent to the spine while reducing low back pain, especially in radiculopathy (extremity pain–leg pain or arm pain) patients, better than active exercise therapy.
* Certified Advanced Activator Methods practitioner (AMCT). Advanced proficiency rating examination in Activator Methods in September 2006 shows competency and clinical expertise in the highest level of Activator Methods Technique Education. With over 40 years of empirical study and 15 years of clinical research, the Activator Methods Chiropractic Technique (AMCT) uses the latest advances in orthopedic, neurological and chiropractic examinations to seek joint dysfunction in the spinal column and extremities for improved patient care. AMCT uses the Activator Adjusting Instrument to give consistent low-force, high-speed chiropractic adjustments.
* Diversified technique is the most commonly used manipulative technique by chiropractors. Diversified is characterized by a high velocity low amplitude thrust. Diversified is considered the most generic chiropractic manipulative technique and is differentiated from other techniques in that its objective is to restore proper movement and alignment of spine and joint dysfunction.
* Part A – MDT: Lumbar Spine An introduction to the concepts and applications of the McKenzie Method® of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy® (MDT) focusing on the lumbar spine. The McKenzie Method is a specialized system utilizing a unique Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy component. Assessing the patient’s lifestyle and habits along side movement and postural tests identify movement restriction syndromes specific to a patient. Active movement exercises are prescribed for the patient condition and for long term spinal health.
* Myofascial Release Therapy (MRT) practitioner. MRT is a state of the art soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
* Active Release Upper Extremity. Completed Active release technique for the upper extremity technique seminar in San Francisco, California. ART is an advanced motion based scar tissue removal technique.
* Smart Tools Plus. Certified in the latest and greatest IASTM, instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization technique. Hand crafted custom surgical stainless steel tools designed to remove scar tissue and lengthen fascia. Smart tools plus technique is perfect to regain range of motion, help affected compressed nerves function again and reduce pain.
Chiropractic treatments are a safe and effective alternative to drugs and surgery for people suffering from acute or chronic neuromusculoskeletal conditions caused by traumas, degenerative disease, or repetitive strain injury. North Vancouver Chiropractors are able to help their patients achieve relief from these conditions by detecting and restoring function to areas of the spine, wrist, elbow, and other extremities that are out of their proper alignment. Why do Chiropractors focus on the spine rather than muscles? To begin with, there is a big debate in the physical medicine community regarding whether injuries arise from trauma to the spine or to specific muscles. Do misaligned vertebrae cause muscles to go into spasm or do spastic muscles cause the spine to be misaligned? The answer is that misaligned vertebrae and extremities cause nerves to be compressed or damaged precipitating inflammation, which will reduce the ability of the nervous system to function properly and ultimately cause muscle guarding (when the muscles surrounding the area of injury involuntarily go into spasms to restrict the body from further movement).
The science and evidence are out and we have the answer for our North Vancouver Chiropractic patients. The dorsal root ganglion is a group of neurons in the dorsal root of the spinal nerves that exit the spine at each level. These neurons have the ability to detect different types of stimuli ranging from noxious stimuli (when tissue itself becomes damaged), temperature, mechanical pressure and chemical stimuli. This information will be relayed to the spinal cord and brain to elicit pain and muscle guarding. The result of an injury to the spine may elicit severe muscle spasms and tightness and mask the root of the problem. The brain and spinal cord will cause muscle guarding and pain in hopes of limiting further movement. Once the corresponding treatment such as decompression therapy or chiropractic manipulative therapy is directed to the affected spinal segment, stimuli to the DRG will decrease and the patient will experience a reduction in symptoms.
This is why Chiropractors focus on healing the spine as a primary focus rather than the muscles. Once the proper course of treatment is administered, interferential current therapy, an important adjunct therapy can be used to work on the nervous system and muscles to reduce pain, reduce inflammation to the spine, block pain and prevent scar tissue from forming. By restoring proper alignment, the patient will notice a reduction in pain, swelling, heat and or numbness/tingling. Moreover, competitive athletes who are focused on better performance will notice their coordination and strength improving with chiropractic treatments. Chiropractic treatments range from specialized adjustments, physiotherapy modalities, and state of the art deep tissue massage systems such as active release technique. We also have non-force adjustments known as Activator Methods technique. At Vancity Pro Chiropractic Corp. in North Vancouver we have your back!
North Vancouver chiropractor Dr. Reza Khamneipur, DC has been giving his patients 5-Star personalized treatment for over 10 years. Today, in his Vancity Pro Chiropractic Corp. Clinic he specializes in using the highly effective Triton DTS® Decompression Therapy Table as a non-surgical treatment for patients with neck and back disc herniation, significant radiating arm and leg pain and carpal tunnel syndrome.
“At Vancity Pro Chiropractic, we use Triton DTS® to heal the chronic pain these conditions cause – without the use of drugs or invasive spinal surgery,” Dr. Reza said.
Triton DTS® Spinal Decompression is a state-of-the-art therapy designed to help patients with neck and low back problems related to the spine. Patients are set up on the table to secure them for treatment. Then, an advanced computer-controlled system automatically adjusts to the proper ‘angle of pull’, which simulates the anti-gravity effect on your spine and allows the chiropractor to target the specific spinal discs that are causing your pain and symptoms. This body positioning and computer-controlled traction keeps you relaxed and helps herniated spinal disc material return to its normal position, thus reducing disc pressure and pain. Patients typically describe the treatment as a gentle, painless, intermittent pulling sensation. Symptoms that can be treated by Triton DTS® spinal decompression:
■ Sciatic pain that extends down the leg
■ Neck and back pain
■ Diseased or injured spinal nerve roots
■ Herniated discs
■ Degenerative disc disease and/or facet joint syndrome
Treatments that can be employed as adjuncts to Triton DTS® Soft tissue chiropractic manipulation in conjunction with the Triton DTS® has been shown to produce incredible results.
■ Electrotherapy and/or advanced scar tissue release
■ Physiotherapy and/or Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS)
■ Ice and/or heat application to reduce pain and inflammation and speed up healing.
The lessening of pain and inflammation and, above all, the increased range of motion are the greatest benefits enjoyed by patients around the world.
DTS® is safe and many patients fall asleep during the treatment. Also, even though the time is relatively short, the healing process is being enhanced. During the time the pressure is off your back, you may feel a gentle stretching sensation and a significant reduction in pain. The treatment may also help with diagnosis and give physicians a clearer picture of the benefits of expediting the phase-in of rehab protocols.
Dr. Reza says the trained specialists at Vancity Pro Chiropractic Corp. can analyze your back or neck pain to determine whether DTS® spinal decompression is the best treatment for you.
“Clients who undergo a full course of DTS® therapy and who do the recommended exercises at home can look forward to long-term pain relief,” he said.
Call Vancity Pro Chiropractic Corp. in North Vancouver to get more information on how we may help you.
Call 778 995-7246
Our chiropractor puts your specific needs first. We are proud to provide a high quality level of customer service, chiropractic experience, and commitment to health and wellness to all our patients. Our goal is to improve your lifestyle by caring for your health.
With years of experience, our chiropractor is capable analyzing your body and creating a custom pain relief and rehabilitation plan to benefit your health. We understand the importance of educating you on chiropractic care so that you can heal quickly.
Not only will our team treat your existing conditions, we strive to prevent pain and illness from reoccurring. We strive to help you improve your quality of life, achieve your wellness goals, and heal your body to live your best life possible.
Our experienced chiropractor is knowledgeable in spinal and chiropractic adjustments. The purpose of spinal adjustments is to return the spine to a natural state of health and to reduce pain, muscle spasms, and nerve irritation, so you can enjoy your life pain free.
Our team understand the stress and pain patients are in following personal injury accidents. We analyze, diagnose, and create an individualized treatment plan for whiplash and soft tissue injuries. We will thoroughly explain your treatment and update your insurance agency on your behalf.
Most work injuries are caused by overuse and repetitive stress injuries. Overtime, small tasks done with poor posture can lead to acute and chronic pain, which can result in reduced worker productivity, lost time from work, disability, and an inability to perform job tasks.
Please contact us directly with any questions, comments, or scheduling inquiries you may have.
Call us at (778) 995 7246
Email us any inquiries at: firstname.lastname@example.org
315 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2G3
Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 6pm